Sunday 15 July 2007

Today


Today I had a good day at church. In my class today we made letters for the missionaries in our ward I came home and wrote my blog. this week I have been Learning about penguins
especially emperor penguins. I wrote an acrostic poem here it is

Penguins slide on their tummy's
Emperor penguins have a yellow patch on their ears
Nests for penguins can be made of rocks
Gliding into the water penguins fish for food
Under their fur dads keep the baby chicks warm
In penguins mouths on their tongues they have bristles to stop fish from slipping out
Now baby chicks are ready to go into the water

I hope you all have a good day. Goodbye.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

It was nice to see you on friday Emily, and your family too :)

I loved learning about penguins even if I was stubborn about believeing some penguins living in deserts :o)

Can you explain what acrostic means please?

I have had an idea, or two, about a picture. Hope you like it when I draw/computer draw it :o)

Steve said...

Emily, that is a superb acrostic poem.

I didn't even know what acrostic meant until today. I had to look it up. When I did I understood what it meant and I don't think I could have written one better than you. :)